/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/mara-logo-1.png 0 0 Carter Lovelace /wp-content/uploads/2020/08/mara-logo-1.png Carter Lovelace2019-12-11 11:15:192022-12-11 11:20:52Alberta Soil Health Card
WHAT IS A SOIL QUALITY CARD?
- A soil quality card is a simple, non-technical method to assess soil quality in the field.
- It uses sensible, farm level indicators and descriptions that qualitatively measure soil quality.
- It allows soil quality to be assessed without the use of technical or laboratory equipment.
- It is a tool to raise awareness of soil quality and increase the working knowledge of soil.
WHY SHOULD I USE A SOIL QUALITY CARD?
- Assessing soil quality is important to the development, performance and evaluation of sustainable land and soil management systems.
- Regular (every 1 to 5 years) use allows assessment of current soil quality conditions, records changes in soil quality over time, identifies potential problem areas, and provides a measure of soil quality to compare fields and management practices.
- The soil quality card can be used to make informed management decisions.